Toledo Wedding Florist
We cannot speak highly enough of everyone at Bartz Viviano! They are so so easy to work with and everything is always completely stunningly beautiful! If you’re in the need to a Toledo florist for your wedding, look no further than Bartz Viviano! Here is a recent wedding where we worked with Bartz Viviano:
Here is our interview with Ann:
- Name: Ann Strickland, Wedding and Event Designer
- Years in business?: Bartz Viviano has been in business since 1964, 52 years! I have been designing for 33 years.
- Title/Company?: Bartz Viviano Flowers and Gifts
- What kinds of flowers hold up the best for a wedding?: I only use flowers that will hold up or at the very least hold up with care. I water source most of my bouquets. Yes, I am still able to get the natural, free form look while using a water source and you do not see any of the inner workings in the finished bouquet. If it is not water sourced, I use flowers that are okay out of water for short periods like photos and ceremony that can be put in a vase of water for displaying. I really stay away from anything too fragile to hold up.
- How important is it to have seasonal flowers?: I prefer seasonal flowers, especially locally grown. I use a combination of all 3 local, seasonal and imported. Giving brides the best variety options at the best prices.
- Current trends/colors?: Blush has been HUGE! Pinks and peaches and champagne. Now we are mixing those colors with navy, burgundy and of course lots of gold. Then there’s the classic green and white flower combination that is classic and always popular, timeless.
- What do you recommend for centerpieces?: There are just too many options for me to make a suggestion. I have books of photos to start with but most brides photos, of bouquets or wedding ceremonies that they have saved, photos that give me a feel for what they like and do not like. I try to create the centerpieces based on each unique brides vision. Some want all low, some all tall styles, again, endless options. I also have a consultation room filled with options for vases to rent to hold flowers and or candles for that brides can rent to save costs.
- When should a couple book you?: Really anytime. I book weddings from 2 years out to 2 months out from the big day and everywhere in between. I have no rules as far as when a bride can book. I am very flexible and can do a lot without a lot of notice.
- Do you deliver?: Yes, we are a full-service florist. We deliver, set everything up, decorate cakes, do linens, chair rentals, you name it. then we have staff come back and pick up all the rentals. All the bride has to do is enjoy her big day with family and friends.
- Anything you would like to add that I am missing: I offer free consultations by appointment. I then follow up with a detailed proposal spelling out everything they want and all the flower types, colors and prices. I include delivery and set up and pick up fees, There are never any unforeseen costs. And a bride can make any changes to her proposal up to 30 days before the wedding date.I recommend having the RSVPs back in by that 30-day point.
Thanks, Ann, for such a great interview! Be sure to check out their website here to schedule a free consultation!