Think about the weddings you have recently seen on Pinterest, or a celebrity wedding you closely followed. Most of them are extremely non-traditional and go outside the box. Think Jessica Biel’s pink wedding dress, or Kelly Clarkson’s canoe photos. These celebrities have high, almost unlimited budgets, so how can you stand out from the traditional wedding and keep it more personalized?
What Tips Do You Have For a Memorable Day?
1. Pick an off wedding season. Around NW Ohio, that would January – March in addition to July.
2. Do a lunch reception or a Sunday brunch. However, keep your guests in mind for a brunch and don’t start it too early on a Sunday.
3. Have a big afternoon ceremony with desserts.
4. Gather decorations from craigslist or garage sales.
5. Don’t like cake? Have a dessert bar or s’mores bar! Have whatever you like!
6. Don’t want a DJ? Think live band! It will get your guests dancing all night.
7. Instead of a bouquet toss where one person catches it, you could have a bouquet of loose roses that scatter everywhere!
8. Have your grandmothers as flower girls. Similarly, have your pets (spoiler for 9!)
9. Include your pets
10. Look places other than bridal gown stores for a dress. Think about different colors and lengths.
11. Use twinkle lights for a romantic setting. For example, buy some clearance Christmas lights.
12. Find a hall that works with your theme. Going rustic? Find a barn or a hall with exposed wooden beams. Because you will have to decorate less, it will seem like more due to the location.
13. Use Christmas lights wrapped in tulle everywhere.
14. Buy in season flowers, or buy flowers at your local farmer’s market, for instance.
15. Ask a friend to sing before your ceremony
16. Have a potluck reception
17. Serve non-fancy foods like tacos and sliders to keep it fun and light
18. See each other before the wedding: do a first look!
19. Mix it up! Have bridespeople and groomspeople. Have a mixed wedding party. Because who says all of the bride’s friends have to be women?
20. Think about your favorite things together. Love baseball? Rent out a stadium for your wedding! Love animals? Have your wedding at a zoo! In conclusion, there are plenty of ways to make your wedding all about you!