There’s something special and magical about winter. The snow, the thought of the Holidays/Christmas and a new year ahead, and the joy of seeing friends and family and celebrating with them. It also is a perfect time to get together with family and have your wedding, especially if you’re not scared of venturing out in the cold and snow for some amazing photos!
Unique suggestions for a winter wedding:
- Have Santa come out and greet the kids and give them each a small gift – this was a huge hit at one of my weddings!
- Snow globe centerpieces to tie in the winter theme
- Velvet long sleeved bridesmaids dresses or girls with faux fur wraps
- Plaid ties or socks for the guys
- Have a first look with your partner while there is still light outside (think before 4 pm!) and then a romantic candlelight ceremony
- Embrace any of your venue’s holiday decor and amp up the lights and candles. Think cozy.
- Cute relevant florals! Think berries, pinecones, dried flowers, and lots of greenery!
- Bring boots and take some epic snow photos! You know you want them!