The Stables Wedding Guide
Planning a rustic barn wedding in Northwest, Ohio? The Stables is a venue you won't want to miss checking out, located in Whitehouse, Ohio.
Why The Stables is one of my favorite Toledo wedding venues:
I love this neutral gray barn filled inside and out with stunning string lights. The exterior of this barn is gray with white trim and the inside features white and wood paneling. Concrete floors make for a blank slate when it comes to decorating and creating a rustic look all your own.
Here are some top reasons The Stables should be considered for your wedding:
- Multiple ceremony spaces for you to choose from, indoors and outdoors.
- Your own getting ready space (they even have a secondary location off-site for your partner to get ready)
- A family-owned venue and caring staff
- You can dress up the venue or let it speak for itself
- They only take one wedding per day, which allows you to enjoy the space all to yourself.
- You can choose your own catering and your own food options!
Who is The Stables the perfect wedding for?:
- love a great family-owned business
- have dreamed of a rustic barn wedding space
- want an epic space for portraits and can create time in their timeline to make photos all around the venue a priority
- love the outdoors
- are okay spending a little more money to decorate and decide on food options for their big day
- are okay setting up before and after their wedding day (or have the budget to hire a wedding coordinator to help with that!)
Fun facts about The Stables:
- They have air conditioning!
- They are fully handicap accessible
- They are just minutes away from Oak Openings if you want another location for your photos
- There is a second barn that is perfect for a rainy day backup for portraits (or just a cool spot to go!) – see photos of it below!
How many guests can The Stables hold?:
The Stables can hold up to 299 of your wedding guests.
Can I choose my own catering when it comes to a wedding at The Stables?:
When it comes to your wedding day, The Stables is more of a space to create your overall vision. So you’ll need to find the perfect licensed caterer, bartenders, valet (if you’re worried about parking), etc. They do offer standard tables and chairs, but I recommend upgrading your chairs because the white folding chairs show up A LOT in your photos during dances.
The best spots for wedding portraits at The Stables:
There are so many places to choose from when it comes to your photos at The Stables! Outside, there is a beautiful white picket fence surrounded by blooming sunflowers and hydrangeas and other flowers during the warmer months. There is a bridge, some tree cover, a secondary barn with a beautiful indoor location on the third floor. All wonderful spots!
At night, I LOVE sneaking a couple away for a few night shots or a sparkler exit. The views are incredible!
If you’re ready to plan your own wedding at The Stables, I would love to help you capture the big day. You’ll love it here! Get in touch and let’s make it happen.